Beautify a Historic Cemetery
- Volunteers are needed to help with landscaping tasks in Greenwood Cemetery from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. March 24. Greenwood Cemetery is a historic site where veterans of the Civil War, the Spanish American War, World War l, World War ll and the Korean War are buried. REGISTER FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
Donate Computers to Students Studying Science, Technology, Culture
- The Science, Technology and Culture Youth Enrichment Course is in need of used, working computers for students who take the class. The STC course is sponsored by UMSL and the Youth and Family Center in North St. Louis city. The program teaches science, culture and computer skills to marginalized middle school students in St. Louis area. At graduation, the students receive a re-furbished computer for their home. Often, this is the first computer in the home. As a student, in this technologically driven world, having access to a computer is an essential to their educational future. To learn more about donating a computer, contact project coordinator Jodi Devonshire at email@example.com.
Volunteers, Interns Needed
- The Saint Charles County Victims of Crime Assistance Program is seeking volunteers and interns for the summer of 2012. This unit of the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office has taken the initiative for the Saint Charles County community to provide needed services to aid victims and assist them through the system of justice, to avoid being made to feel “victimized” a second time. The mission is to assist these victims of crime to understand their rights, communicate relevant information about their case, and provide necessary services. Volunteers must provide their own transportation, submit to a criminal check, drug screen and complete our training program. To schedule an interview or to ask any questions, please call Rachel Lenk at 636.949.7900, extension 5811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Louis Area Foodbank
- St. Louis Area Foodbank needs volunteers to help with inspecting, sorting and repackaging of donated food items, labeling bulk food donations, building assembly-style food boxes for low-income elderly people. St. Louis Area Foodbank is located at 70 Corporate Woods Drive in Bridgeton, MO. For more information, visit this website.
Evercare Hospice and Palliative Care
- Volunteer to help by assisting in clerical work, prepare admission packets, mailings, filings and other office duties. Participate in health fairs, volunteer fairs and expos. Learn more here. Evercare Hospice is located at 13655 Riverport Drive, Maryland Heights, MO.
Submit your volunteer opportunity for inclusion in the roundup by posting an announcement and emailing editor Kalen Ponche at email@example.com