Crowds filled the Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis Thursday to pay tribute to Stan "The Man" Musial. A private family funeral Mass is scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 26.
Coverage of the funeral will begin at 10 a.m. The special will include the funeral, the procession from the Cathedral to Busch Stadium and the prayer service at Busch stadium after the funeral.
Cardinal Timothy Dolan, Archbishop of New York, will join St. Louis Archbishop Robert J. Carlson and Bishop Richard Stika to say the funeral Mass.
Immediately after the Mass, the funeral procession will make its way to Busch Stadium where the family will lay a wreath at the base of the statue of Stan Musial as part of a prayer ceremony.
See our previous coverage:
- Stan 'The Man' Musial Dead At Age 92
- Reaction to the Death of Stan 'The Man' Musial
- Services Set For Stan Musial
- What Do You Remember About Stan 'The Man' Musial?
- RIP Stan Musial - from St. Louis Walk of Fame
- Should The New Mississippi River Bridge Be Named After Stan Musial?