- Whiz Kids: DECA (marketing students) and FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America)
- Nominated By: School District of University City
- Accomplishment: Doing well in state completitions
- Key To Awesomeness: This year business students in both DECA and FBLA performed very well in local competitions and are taking teams to the state competitions.
- Ruby Ficklen and Emmanuel Price, 2nd place Sports and Entertainment Management
- Semont Lee-Davis, 3rd place Hotel and Lodging
- Joshua Dallas, 3rd place Restaurant and Food Services.
Joining them at State will be Antonio Mays Quick for Serve Restaurant Management and Raheem Tolbert for Food Marketing.
Thanks also to teacher Lafayette Gatewood for helping the students in these programs.
FBLA state qualifiers
- Banking and Financial Systems: Daphne Pastard, Mandy York and Ben Mizes, 1st place
- Business Financial Plan: Joe Egan, Kevin Luber, 1st place.
- Networking Concepts: Ben Aronberg, 2nd place.
- Sports Management: Ursula Monahan, 2nd place.
- Client Service: Joseph Egan, 3rd place
- Economics: Ben Mizes, 3rd place; and Alec Kaczkowski, 4th place
- Digital Video Production: Ben Mizes, Nate King, Joseph Egan, Nile McClain and Luke Babich, 3rd place.
- Global Business: Kevin Luber and Allie Hines, 3rd place.
- Sports Management: Jordan Kennedy, 3rd place; and Justin Dickerson, 5th place.
Thanks to teacher Tracy Gibson for helping the students be successful at FBLA.