The City of University City has received calls from drivers confused about the safety of making right turns onto Trinity Ave both north and south of Delmar Blvd, just west of the roundabout.
To evaluate the closing of Trinity Ave., the City will close Trinity on Tuesday, Sept. 17 in both directions for a period of time. Public comments are welcomed. Please email them to Angelica Gutierrez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Council approved measures Aug. 22 to make the trial traffic design permanent. The 6-0 vote approved a retrofitted design that will better fit with University City's historic civic plaza, the taking of a piece of Delmar Blvd. from St. Louis County to U City control and $50,000 in funding to get the process started.
The $1.2 million project is being paid for with a federal grant.
See our previous coverage:
- Delmar Roundabout Vote Coming on Thursday
- Delmar Drivers: Don't Forget to Yield in New Roundabout
- U City's Mock Roundabout Is Open: How Is Your Drive?
- Ring Around the Roundabout: Flower Boxes Make Mock Roundabout
- Traffic Update: Mock Roundabout Construction Begins Today
- Construction of Mock Roundabout Starts This Week
- Mock Roundabout Asphalt, Curbing to Start Next Week
- Get Interviewed In The Loop!
- Mock Roundabout Is Coming to Delmar, Trinity