In Southwest St. Louis County, the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) will close two lanes on eastbound Interstate 44 from Bowles Avenue to I-270 on Sunday, weather permitting. Only the far left lane will remain open. Work will occur from 5:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Crews will install seven large new guide signs on overhead steel trusses. During this work, the South Highway Drive entrance ramp to eastbound I-44 will be closed. Motorists will detour to Larkin Williams Road/Rudder Road.
On Tuesday, two lanes will be closed on westbound I-44 near Lindbergh Boulevard from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for crews to shift sign locations.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-70, (westbound section of the Interstate 70 Blanchette bridge over the Missouri River) will remain closed fall 2013. The eastbound I-70 bridge will be used to carry three lanes of traffic in each direction.
- I-64, St. Louis City, the ramps from Forest Park Avenue and Pine Street to eastbound I-64 is closed around the clock through November.
- I-70, St. Louis City, the exit ramp from westbound I-70 to Madison is closed until mid-December.
- Wellington, St. Louis City, the Wellington bridge closed over the River Des Peres until late 2012. Detour to Jamieson Avenue bridge.
- I-55, Jefferson County, the ramp from northbound I-55 to Route M is closed until spring 2013.