The University City City Council is slated to meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 26, at University City City Hall.
Items on the agenda include:
- Bonnie Tesson nominated to the Arts & Letters Commission by Mayor Welsch, replacing Marilyn Cathcart whose second term expires Jan. 2, 2013.
- Frederick Charles Fehr III nominated to the Arts & Letters Commission by Ms. Carr, replacing Dan Martin who did not wish to be reappointed.
- Bobette Patton nominated for reappointment to the Arts & Letters Commission by Ms. Carr. Patton was filling in a short unexpired term and will qualify for another reappointment.
- Cindy Thierry to the CALOP Commission
City Manager's Report
- Juvenile Conference Committee of the Family Court of St. Louis County
- Liquor License application form
- Liquor License for Dao Tien for beer and wine with no Sunday sales
- Copier contract approving continuation with Copying Concepts providing a savings of $4,370.40.
- Contract for sandblasting and painting of Centennial Commons gym’s ceiling recommended to be awarded to Jos. Ward Painting Co. for $65,802.
- Sweeping private streets
- Authorization for City Manager to execute a real estate purchase agreement for 7593, 7589, 7579 and 7577 Olive Blvd.
- Boards and Commission appointments needed
- Council liaison reports on Boards and Commissions
- Boards, Commissions and Task Force minutes
- Citizen task force on crime prevention and awareness, requested by Mayor Welsch and Mr. Glickert.
- Proposed amendment to Council Rule 38. Please see packet for proposal offered by Ms. Carr and Mr. Kraft.
- The Council believes that all streets in University City should receive street sweeping service. This is a non-binding statement by Council and does not authorize any spending and does not require any action. Submitted by Mr. Kraft and Mr. Glickert.
A request by Mr. Price and Mr. Sharpe on the following issues:
Discuss and Vote
- Police strategy and action; Brighton marketing strategy for crime prevention and awareness (police focus group, police academy and community forums)
- Crime prevention and awareness forums by patrol zones or wards
- Fund block unit community organizer
- Fund additional surveillance cameras in the Loop
- Status of police new hires
- New nuisance law – new benefits and changes
- Economic development at Olive and North and South
- Bill 9168 — An ordinance amending Chapter 8.24, nuisances, of the Municipal Code of University City by enacting new definitions, by repealing Sections 8.24.270, and by enacting in lieu thereof a new Section 8.24.260, providing for the declaration prosecution, and abatement of criminal nuisances.
- Bill 9169 — An ordinance to authorize the City Manager to execute a contact between the City of University City and the Missouri Highway and Transportation Commission providing for the installation of bike land striping and signage on Canton Avenue, Old Bonhomme Road and Jackson Avenue.
- Bill 9170 — An ordinance to authorize the City Manager to execute a contract between the City of University City and the Missouri Highway and Transportation Commission providing for the replacement of the street bridge on Chamberlain Avenue over branch of River des Peres.
- Bill 9171 — An ordinance to authorize the City Manager to execute a contract between the City of University City and the Missouri Highway and Transportation Commission providing for the improvements and installation of a traffic signal at the intersection of Westgate Avenue and Olive Boulevard.
The meeting is open to the public.