MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL
6801 Delmar Blvd. City of University City, Missouri 63130
August 8, 2011
A. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
B. ROLL CALL
C. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
E. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. July 25, 2011, City Council Regular Session
G. SWEARING IN
1. Gregory Pace was sworn in to the Board of Appeals in the City Clerk’s office.
2. Julianne Nieman was sworn in to the Board of Trustees of the Uniform & Non-Uniform Retirement Fund, previous to their meeting.
3. Edward McCarthy to be sworn in to the Board of Trustees of the Uniform & Non-Uniform Retirement Fund
H. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION (Total of 15 minutes allowed)
I. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. City Department of Community Development to consider a text amendment to the Zoning Code related to short-term loan establishments, title lenders, pawn shops, and check cashing establishments.
J. CONSENT AGENDA
K. CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
1 In regard to the State Audit, the City’s actions to the Auditor’s recommendation.
2. Communications/ Public Relations Contract. Staff recommends a one-year contract with Avant Marketing Group not to exceed $100,000.
3. Ruth Park Golf Course Concrete Cart Path Extension. Staff recommends awarding to low bidder, Tom Adair Construction for $49,950.
4. Conditional Use Permit application for 8390 Delmar Blvd-Kent Evans with Delmar, LLC; new retail establishment with drive-through facilities in General Commercial District.
5. Conditional Use Permit application for 8390 Delmar Blvd-Kent Evans with Delmar, LLD; new office building exceeding the maximum allowable building height in General Commercial District.
6. Replacement of Solid Waste Roll-Out Carts. Staff recommends awarding to second lowest bidder, Rehrig Pacific for 2000 roll-out cars for a total of $93.499.
L. COUNCIL REPORTS/DISCUSSION
1. Council liaison reports on Boards and Commissions.
2. Boards, Commissions andTask Force minutes.
M. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
THIS BILL WAS POSTPONED AT COUNCIL’S JULY 25, 2011 MEETING AND ASKED THAT IT BE SENT BACK TO THE PARKS AND TRAFFIC COMMISSIONS.
1. BILL 9118 – An ordinance amending Chapter 10.44 of the University City Municipal Code, relating to parking restrictions for specific streets, by repealing Section 10.44.010 thereof, relating to parking prohibited on certain streets at all times, and enacting in lieu thereof a new section to be known as “Section 10.44.010 parking prohibited on certain streets at all times,” thereby amending said section so as to restrict parking at all times on the west side of Melville Avenue thereof from Delmar Boulevard to Kingsbury Avenue, and on the north side of Loop South thereof from Melville Avenue to ninety (90) feet west; containing a saving clause and providing a penalty
2. BILL 9123 – An ordinance amending Title 2 of the University CityMunicipal Code, relating to administration and personnel, by enacting therein a new chapter to be known as “Chapter 2.31 Green Practices Commission”, and a new section to be known as “Section 2.28.160 Green Practices Commission”.
3. BILL 9124 – An ordinance amending Title 2 of the University City Municipal Code, relating to administration and personnel, by repealing Section 2.08.010 thereof, relating to departments enumerated-heads of departments designated, Chapter 2.14 thereof, relating to the Department of Parks and Recreation, Chapter 2.18 thereof, relating to the Department of Planning, and Chapter 2.20 thereof, relating to the department of Public Works; and enacting in lieu thereof a new section to be known as “Section 2.08.010 departments enumerated-heads of departments designated” and new chapters to be known as “Chapter 2.14 Department of Public Works and Parks”, “Chapter 2.18 Department of Community Development” and “Chapter 2.35 Park Commission”; thereby amending Title 2 so as to consolidate the Departments of Parks and Recreation and Public Works, remove the Park Commission from the consolidated department, and change the name of the Department of Planning to the Department of Community Development and assign recreational activities duties thereto.
N. NEW BUSINESS
1. Resolution 2011 – 11 A resolution authorizing an Agreement to be signed by the Mayor for the City’s Annual Audit.
BILLS TO BE INTRODUCED
2. BILL 9125 – An ordinance authorizing the City Manager to execute a contract between the City of University City, Missouri and the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission providing for the replacement of the Jackson Avenue pedestrian signal.
3. BILL 9126 – An ordinance amending Chapter 34 of the Municipal Code of the City of University City, relating to zoning, by amending Section 34-36.4 thereof, relating to Conditional Uses in the “GC” district by removing pawn shops; by amending Section 34-38.4 thereof, relating to Conditional Uses in the “IC” district by adding check- cashing establishments as Conditional Uses in said district; and by enacting a new section to be known as “34-132.4 standards for short-term loan establishments, title lenders, and pawn shops; containing a savings clause and providing a penalty.
4. BILL 9127 - An ordinance and fixing the compensation to be paid to City Officials and employees as enumerated herein from and after its passage, and repealing Ordinance No. 6845.
O. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION (continued if needed)
P. COUNCIL COMMENTS