The University City Chamber of Commerce and the City of University City are hosting Olive Boulevard: What's Down the Road? today from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at the Heman Park Community Center.
The joint meeting will update Olive Boulevard property owners, businesses and interested community members on planned and proposed activities. Those in attendance will hear details about:
- Joint redevelopment planning effort with Olivette at the Olive/I-170 intersection.
- Plans for City owned vacant lots.
- Economic Development Retail Sales Tax funds - 1/4 cent sales tax dedicated for economic development activities on Olive and in the Delmar Loop.
- City liquor license application changes and comprehensive planning efforts.
- Group advertising opportunities.
- "A Taste Of U. City" event on Olive in May.
- 2013 City Comprehensive Plan Update process.
Light refreshments will be served.
For more details call Ellen Bern at 337-2489 or Ray Lai at 505-8502.