Motorists from Illinois heading to events in downtown St. Louis this weekend may want to allow a little extra time, the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) advises, or use Metro to avoid traffic backups.
All lanes on westbound Interstate 64 from the Poplar Street Bridge to 21st Street will close starting at 10 a.m. Friday. All westbound lanes will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday. One eastbound lane will be open during the weekend work.
The Broadway, 10th Street and 14th Street entrance ramps to westbound I-64 will be closed this weekend. The Broadway and 10th Street ramp will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday. The 14th Street Ramp will remain closed. Crews are continuing work to remove and replace the driving surface on the westbound double deck structure.
All reversible lanes on I-70 will be closed starting at 7 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m., Monday. All lanes will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekdays. Crews are performing bridge painting work.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-64, St. Louis City, one eastbound I-64 lane will be closed from 20th/Chestnut to 14th Street around the clock until November.
- I-64, St. Louis City, the ramp from Forest Park Avenue to eastbound I-64 is closed around the clock until November.
- I-70, St. Louis City, one right lane on eastbound I-70 closed from St. Louis Avenue to Broadway until October.
- I-70, St. Louis City, the entrance ramp from 11th Street to eastbound I-70 closed until October.
- Wellington, St. Louis City, the Wellington bridge closed over the River Des Peres until late 2012. Detour to Jamieson Avenue bridge.
- I-44, St. Louis County, one lane closed in each direction from Lewis Road to Antire Road until early October 2012. Two lanes in each direction are open in this section around the clock. A third westbound lane opens from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays during the evening rush period.
- Route 141, St. Louis County, one lane closed in each direction between Route 340 (Olive Boulevard) and Ladue Road.
- St. Louis County, Baxter Road is closed between Route HH and Clarkson, through the summer.
- I-55, Jefferson County, the ramp from northbound I-55 to Route M is closed until Spring 2013.