Attorneys for George Allen, the University City man whose 1982 conviction for rape and murder was overturned earlier this month, told Fox 2 News Tuesday that the Allen is expected to walk out of prison today.
Cole County Judge Daniel Green charges against Allen on Nov. 2, after determining evidence beneficial to him was withheld.
Allen was convicted of the 1982 rape and murder of Mary Bell, whose body was found inside her LaSalle Park home.
See our previous coverage of Allen's case:
- Justice Delayed: Lacy Clay Jumps Into George Allen Fray With Attorney General
- Attorney General to Appeal Overturned George Allen Conviction
- U City Man Could Walk Away from Life Sentence
- Attorneys Say Uncovered Evidence Shows U City Man is Innocent of 1982 Murder
- Two Congressmen Join Effort to Free U City Man Serving Life