The department arrested 49 adults and one juvenile. There were six burglaries and one robbery.
Aug. 29-Sept. 4
- The reporting party stated person(s) attempted to gain entry into Universal Sewing Company in the 6400 block of Maple by pry marks on an exterior door.
- The reporting party heard a loud noise and discovered the bedroom window screen had been cut in the 800 block of McKnight. Entry was not gained.
- Vehicles in the 7100 block of Cambridge were entered by suspect who attempted to steal from the vehicles, as well as damaged ignitions. Occurred overnight and the suspect was stopped in the Loop area in the early morning. A 28-year old man was arrested and had possession of tools and stolen items.
- The reporting party stated person(s) unknown forced entry into apartment in the 600 block of Leland Ave. by damaging the dead bolt and stole several items.
- The reporting party stated person(s) unknown unlawfully entered the apartment and stole several items. Same building as above.
- The reporting party observed two suspicious males at the building in the 700 block of Canterbury Ave. Officers responded discovered an apartment window had been broken and entry was gained. The victim suspects an acquaintance being involved.
- The reporting party stated person(s) unknown kicked in her basement door in the 6800 block of Bartmer Ave., ransacked the residence, and stole money.
- The reporting parties were approached by a male who demanded their purses at the intersection of Eastgate and Clemons. The suspect fled, running north between the apartments. A suspect is being sought.