Welcome to Looped In, your look at what's coming up this week in University City.
Happy Rosh Hashanah to our Jewish neighbors and friends.
This week, the west area of University City is up for bulk trash pick-up. Place up to seven household items curbside by the Sunday night before collection begins in your area.
Trucks make only one pass on each street during the week of collection. Call the Public Works and Parks Department at 314-505-8560 to confirm your area.
Monday, Sept. 17
- Youth Outreach Subcommittee — 6 p.m. LGBTQ Center, 4337 Manchester Road.
Tuesday, Sept. 18
- OATS (Older Adults Transportation Service) Open House — 10 am. to 12 p.m. 186 NW Industrial Court, Bridgeton.
Wednesday, Sept. 19
- Millar Park Master Plan Open House — 5:30-7:30 p.m. Formal presentation at 6:30 p.m. at the Millar Park Pavilion
Thursday, Sept. 20
- Groundbreaking for new U City Firehouse — 10 a.m. at Vernon and Westgate.
- Resource Mapping Committee — 11 a.m. at University City Public Library.
- School District of University City School Board Meeting — 7 p.m. at the McNair Administration Building
- Historic Preservation Committee — 7 p.m. in the 4th floor conference room of City Hall.
- Human Relations Commission — 6:30 p.m. in the second floor conference room of City Hall.
Saturday, Sept. 22
- University City Jazz Festival — Noon to 8 p.m. at Heman Park.
- Washington University Fall Festival — 11 a.m. at Wash U.