Good morning University City!
Welcome to the column that will help you get through the day. Every Monday through Friday, we'll tell you what's going on around town, what you need to know and where the traffic snags might be.
Have a suggestion to make University City Patch more helpful? Leave a comment or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you use social media? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter.
- Weather: Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 55. Breezy, with a west wind between 13 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph, according to the National Weather Service.
In case you missed it
- Patch is doing a round-up of area fish fries throughout the Lenten season. Add your favorite spot to our interactive fish fry map.
- A University City man was sentenced to federal prison for wire fraud.
- Our Food Fight for the week is up! Be sure to vote for your favorite steak in the area before 5 p.m. today.
Coming up today
- The School District of University City is holding several events in the coming weeks for parents and community members. We'll have details on kindergarten open houses, talks with the superintendent and Music in the Schools.
- Our Whiz Kid column will take a look at a great high school musician.
Around the web
- Washington University in St. Louis has been named one of the top producing schools for Peace Corps volunteers. The honor was bestowed by the Peace Corps and was part of a ranking of top schools around the country.
- The Catholic Sentinel took note of comments made by Rep. William Lacy Clay during a congressional hearing on health care and women's health coverage.