Every holiday season, families across the country send cards to their loved ones, filling them in on the last year and wishing them a happy new one.
For families planning to buy holiday cards this year, nonprofit organizations around the area are offering unique cards that benefit their missions. That way, each card sends holiday cheer while supporting a worthy cause.
Here is our round-up of holiday cards for charity.
Operation Food Search
- Design: The OFS holiday greeting cards feature its signature red tomato as a festive holiday ornament. Proceeds go to help feed the hungry in the St. Louis area.
- Cost: 25 cards for $25
- Find them here: 6282 Olive Blvd. in University City or at www.OperationFoodSearch.org
- Questions: Steve Baer at (314) 726-5355 ext. 19 or steve.baer@OperationFoodSearch.org.
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Design: The angel card was created by five-year-old Sydney Sultenfuss. Proceeds help the foundation fund, promote and support research on type 1 diabetes.
- Cost: Packages of 15 cards with white envelopes just $15.90 plus ($5.00) shipping
- Find them here: morethancards.com
- Questions: 314-729-1846
- Design: Our Little Haven has two cards this year. The first is a Child with a Cookie, an image created by J. Rickman. The Children around the Tree is the other card. The message inside reads: May the joy and harmony of the season be yours throughout the year.
- Cost: Packages of 10 cards with envelopes is $10.
- Find them here: http://ourlittlehaven.org/holidaycards.html
- Questions: To order cards, please phone Judy at (314) 533-2229 x285 or FAX to (314) 533-3098 or order at www.ourlittlehaven.org.
- Design: Three different color photos of Zoo animals in winter scenes. The outside greeting reads “Holidays are a time to celebrate the world and all its creatures” and the inside reads “Happy Holidays to You and Yours.”
- Cost: A set of 12 cards and envelopes is $12.50.
- Find them here: At the Zoo, online at www.stlzoo.org, or by phone at (314) 781-0900, ext. 4779.
- Questions: Call (314) 781-0900, ext. 4779.
Is your non-profit organization selling cards this holiday season? Add your photo and information to the story by clicking the Upload Pictures and Video button.