Each week University City Patch brings you a roundup of things to do in and around U City. Here are some ideas for the weekend of April 13-15.
- ReeL MEDIA Presents: LOOP LIVE at — 9 p.m. show with an $8 cover charge. Ages 17 and up.
- Petty Cash Junction and JT & Friends at — Doors open at 7:30 p.m. for an 8:30 p.m. show. There is a $10 cover charge.
- Soul Track Minda and Aja La'Starr at Vintage Vinyl — Soul Track is at 5:30 p.m. and Starr is at 8 p.m.
- to benefit — The event will be held at the Palladium in the Lafayette Square neighborhood. This year’s theme will be outlandish baubles and jewelry. The evening kicks off at 6 p.m. with a cocktail reception, a silent auction and musical entertainment by New York fashion designer Timo Weiland as the DJ. Fashionable guests include Anjali & Atul Kamra, Susan Barrett, and guest of honor Valerie Steele, the Director of The Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology.
- The and the Green Center will dedicate the Brittany Woods C. Edwin Murray Prairie in honor of the late Ed Murray on Saturday. The event will be at 1 p.m. at the Outdoor Classroom Prairie Space west of .
- Valerie Steele will present a lecture 'Is Fashion Art?' at Steinberg Auditorium at 1 p.m. After the lecture, don't miss the book signing with Valerie Steele, presented in conjunction with Left Bank Books. Dr. Valerie Steele is the Director and Chief Curator of the Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City.
- Michael Kelsey at Cicero's — The ages 17 and up show is at 8 p.m. There is an $8 cover charge.
- Cheer on the Go! St. Louis Marathon Runners at the Chuck Berry statue in the Loop. The Drum Line will there to encourage the runners and to help them get past the grueling 20 mile mark of the 26.2 mile race. The event begins at 7:45 a.m., but cheerers are welcome until the race ends around noon. The theme for our cheer zone is CARNIVAL so come festive to cheer on the runners. Bring your Kazoos, noise-makers, silly wigs, hats, your goofiest, brightest clothes, & anything else festive an fun! Complimentary food and beverages provides by , , , and .
- Pub Brunch at — 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free mimosa with entree.
- Cavo CD release party presented by Cicero's and — Ages 17 and up for the 8 p.m. show.