The Delmar Loop will showcase street fashion during Saint Louis Fashion Week at this year’s Style In The Loop, Sunday, Sept. 29. The event runs from 1-6 p.m.
Now in its third year, Style In The Loop has been newly adopted into the Saint Louis Fashion Week lineup, and is expanding to include a high-energy outdoor fashion show on Delmar Boulevard at 4 p.m.
“We created Style in the Loop to help bring focus to and encourage the patronage of Loop boutique,” said festival director Deborah Fink in a press release.
Style In The Loop’s runway show will feature a fresh roster of design talent, including 10 local designers, each of whom represents a different aesthetic of the thriving Saint Louis fashion scene. Project Runway alumnus AJ Thouvenot will headline the runway show.
Other designers include Devil City, ULCINI, Scarlett Designs, Conjetta, Mekhat!, WHITNEY MANNEY, Michael Shead, Sansone Designs, and I AM SLY.
The festival includes special promotions, deals, and discounts, focused around the theme of style, offered by many individual Loop businesses.
- Star Clipper has created a Make Your Own Superhero Paper Doll project
- Tom “Papa” Ray will DJ under the marquee at Vintage Vinyl
- Ziezo hosts a Project Runway Alumni trunk show
- Jenne Giles of Harlequin Feltworks will showcase her work at Craft Alliance.
- Local stencil artist Peat “EYEZ” Wollaeger will be painting a mural on the former site of Church’s Chicken at Delmar and Skinker from 12-4 p.m.
- Avalon Exchange, Lady Pearl Boutique, Ziezo, THiS!, The Silver Lady, and Devil City will offer sidewalk sales
- There will be food and drink specials will be offered by Blueberry Hill, Three Kings, Snarfs, Noodles & Company, Nico, and Fitz’s.
Fashion show tickets are $15 in advance and $20 the day of the event, and can be purchased at stlouisfashionweek.com or Devil City. Admission to the street festival is free. For more information on this event, please contact festival director Deborah Fink at StyleInTheLoop@gmail.com.