It’s time to Get Your Chalk On! The Delmar Loop will host the third annual chalk festival on Saturday, Aug. 31, with a rain date of Sept. 1.
The event runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will be held at the Chuck Berry Statue, 6555 Delmar Blvd.
Stencil artist Peat "Eyez" Wollaeger will create a large chalk portrait at the event, using stencils and spray chalk. Those in attendance will then be welcome to help fill in the design.
Artists will compete in one of four categories:
- Best of The Loop Theme: The Loop was designated “One of the 10 Great Streets in America” by the American Planning Association. Show us what you love most about The Loop!
- Chalk of Fame: Choose an inductee from the St. Louis Walk of Fame and portray an important aspect of his or her life or achievements through chalk. Visit stlouiswalkoffame.org/inductees/ for information about the inductees.
- Most Creative: What would you like to share with us? This category is up to you!
- Chalk Land: Chalking space for children ages 12 and under!
Entry Fees for Artists (includes all supplies):
- Adults — $10 (ages 18 and up)
- Students — $8 (ages 13-18)
- Children — $4 (12 and under)
The winning artists in each category will be featured on The Loop’s website with photos of their winning artwork, artistic biographies, and links to their portfolios or personal websites. Winners will also receive cash prizes, as well as gift certificates from a variety of Loop businesses.
Sponsors include Blick Art Materials, The Melting Pot and the Delmar Loop. To register, click here.After registration is complete, artists should print out the confirmation of payment and bring it along with them to the event check-in.