In honor of the fact that I wished for a jacket yesterday and turned on the AC today, I offer this top 10 list.
You know you're in the Midwest when...
10. You find yourself wearing shorts when the first snow falls.
9. You brought your heavy jacket to the ball game and you have to use it as a stretcher to help the guys with heat stroke.
8. People let you cut in line at the grocery store when you only have a few items.
7. When someone smiles at you as they walk by, you don't feel compelled to check to see if your wallet was stolen.
6. Everyone you know is anxiously awaiting the release of a hybrid pick-up truck.
5. The children have tans because they play outside.
4. You have pet names for your favorite pot holes.
3. You make fun of people who use a definite article when talking about a highway.
2. Fashion is less important than friendship.
1. When you ask for help, you get it.