The University City Chamber of Commerce is hosting "A Night at the Casino" at the Heman Park Community Center on Saturday, Nov. 17.
Business people and residents looking for a great way to build their community network and have a fabulous time should buy their tickets to "A Night At The Casino" by this Friday to take advantage of the early bird rate of only $25. After that, tickets will be $30.
The event will run from 7-10 p.m. Guests will each get a pile of chips to play poker, blackjack, roulette, craps and slot machines. The chips won at the gaming tables will be your chance to win prizes throughout the evening.
Prizes include gift certificates to Phoenix Rising, Dewey’s Pizza, Vintage Vinyl, Nico, Devil City, Smoothie King, Fro-Yo and Plowsharing Crafts.
There will be a variety of food at the event, including:
- Appetizers — Chefs from Ackert Park, A W Healthcare, The Brentmoor, The Gatesworth, Pete’s Grocery and Tokyo Sushi Buffet are each putting together a variety of gourmet appetizers.
- Roasted Nuts — Mound City Shelled Nut Company
- Soda — Fitz's Bottling Company
- Martini Bar — Major Brands
- Beer — Anheuser Busch
Silent auction items
- Trek hybrid/comfort bicycle, blue and unisex, previously ridden and refurbished by Recycled Cycles
- Jewelry donated by The Silver Lady
- St. Genevieve overnight getaway, including a one-night stay at the Southern Hotel Bed and Breakfast and passes to historic homes
- Loop Vacation includes an overnight at the Moonrise Hotel, along with tickets to The Pageantand dinner
- Golf package includes 4 rounds of 18 holes of golf with a cart at Innsbrook Golf Club along with golf balls, golf towels, and hats
- Noodles and Co. basket featuring a menu tasting for 6
- Tiki bar
- Gas grill
- iPod docking station
For more information or to register go to http://ucitychamber-events.org/