The celebration kicks into gear at 8 p.m. and includes:
- Screening of opening night 1972 footage
- Karaoke in the Duck Room – step out of the shower and onto the stage
- Huge theme cake by Moonrise Hotel pastry chef Claire Robberson
- Choosing the Blueberry Hill “Babies” (Those with birthdays closest to 8 p.m. 9-8-72 will receive a Jacuzzi suite at Moonrise Hotel and anyone with a birthday on 9-8-72 will get free drinks!)
- “Blueberry Hill” song contestants perform on Duck Room stage
- Blueberry Hill dancers look-a-like contest
- Best Party Hats will be judged
- Prize Wheel
Joe Edwards, owner of Blueberry Hill, shared his memories of 40 years in the Loop with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Read his account of Sept. 8, 1972, by clicking here.
Previous events held in the countdown to 40 include:
What is your favorite Blueberry Hill memory? Tell us in the comments.