It's no surprise that on Opening Day weekend for the St. Louis Cardinals, a book about the team's historic 2011 World Series Championship run would be a hot read.
Wild Birds, by local author Rob Rains, is number seven on the bestseller's list this week.
Here's a roundup of the best-selling books in five St. Louis-area independent bookstores from the week ending April 8.
The bookstores include in University City, Sue's News at the , Left Bank Books in the Central West End, in St. Charles and in Webster Groves.
- Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
- Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
- Sacre Bleu by Christopher Moore
- The Might Have Been by Joseph Schuster
- Lipstick And The Leash by Camilla Gray-Nelson
- Josie's Story by Sorrel King
- Wild Cards by Rob Rains
- Every Second Counts by Lance Armstrong
- Say Her Name by Francisco Goldman
- Hunger Games Suzanne Collins
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Duckling Gets a Cookie by Mo Willems
- I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen
- Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Listen to My Trumpet: Elephant and Piggie by Mo Willems
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
- Titanic Voices by Deborah Hopkinson