It's a week for alternative fiction as Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Darth Vader and Son top the local bestseller list.
Here's a roundup of the best-selling books in five St. Louis-area independent bookstores from the week ending April 22.
The bookstores include in University City, Sue's News at the , Left Bank Books in the Central West End, in St. Charles and in Webster Groves.
- Limpopo Academy of Private Detection by Alexander McCall Smith
- Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
- Slant of Light by Steve Wiegenstein
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
- Darth Vader and Son by Jeffery Brown
- Oaxaca Al Gusto by Diana Kennedy
- We Are All Welcome Here by Elizabeth Berg
- Sugar Hill Where the Sun Rose Over Harlem by Terry Mulligan
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
- Learning to Swim by Sara Henry
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site by Sherri Rinker
- Crow by Barbara Wright
- Ghost Dog Secrets by Peg Kehret
- Great Cake Mystery by Alexander McCall Smith
- Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
- Another Monster at the End of This Book by Jon Stone
- How Machines Work by Nick Arnold