Each week University City Patch brings you a roundup of things to do in and around U City. Here are some ideas for the weekend of March 30 to April 1.
- Author Margaret Hermes reading — 7 p.m. at the . Her new collection of short stories, Relative Strangers, won the 2011 Doris Bakwin Award and was published by Carolina Wren Press in 2011.
- Yonder Mountain String Band with Brown Bird at — Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for a 7:30 p.m. show. Tickets are $22.50 in advance and $25 at the door.
- For The Colony with Where Is The Chief, Blue Fruit Snacks and Mussy Cluves at — The 17 and up show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $7.
- Chrissy Renick, the Mike Renick Band and Ellen the Felon at — Doors open at 8 p.m. for a 9 p.m. show. There is a $7 cover.
- Hunt for a Cure in Forest Park — The Gateway Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Second Annual “Hunt for a Cure” at Central Fields in Forest Park from 11 a.m. to noon. This free event will feature 50,000 hidden eggs with prizes for children of all ages.
- Yonder Mountain String Band with Brown Bird at The Pageant — Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for a 7:30 p.m. show. Tickets are $22.50 in advance and $25 at the door.
- Eddie's Munsters with As We Are, Apollo Mudd, Archon, Bluefish and And More at Cicero's — Tickets are $9-13 for an all ages show. The show begins at 3 p.m.
- Jake Austion & the City Limits with Last Man Standing at Blueberry Hill — Doors open at 8 p.m. for a 9 p.m. show. There is an $8 cover charge.
- Reigning Heir with Castmadness, Evenbeforemachines and Blind World Industry at Cicero's — The show begins at 9 p.m. Tickets are $8 for a 17 and up show.
- ClusterPluck at — Show begins at 9 p.m.
- Visual Arts Open Studio at — Open from 1-3 p.m.
- University City/Washington University Sculpture Series — Opening reception will be held from 2-4 p.m. at
- Say Anything at — 5 p.m.