Social Media/ Marketing/PR Internship
It is the goal of The Loop Special Business District Marketing committee to create exciting and interesting events, build our community through the recruitment of unique and diverse businesses, and to refresh and strengthen the Loop brand. Responsibilities of internship would include, but not be limited to the following:
- Update Social Media sites including facebook, twitter, you tube, tumblr, flickr, etc.
- Create blogs to add fresh content to the websites of Loop businesses.
- Create email blasts
- Create and distribute media releases
- Create and maintain media contact database
- Update data/content on websites of Loop businesses
- Distribute promotional materials to Loo businesses
- Assist in event planning, including recruitment of sponsors and participants
- Assist in the research and development of creative approaches to future Loop marketing
- Attend and contribute to monthly meetings when necessary
- Cover events by taking photos, creating videos and professionally editing them
- This is just the tip of the iceberg! The possibly of connecting through social media are endless!
Applicants must be personable, enthusiastic, and possess excellent organization and communication skills. We are looking for self-starting individuals who can take direction well but at the same time add their own creative influences to our marketing. This semester we are focusing on strengthening our connection with the community, and specifically to the surrounding colleges and universities.
You must have access to your own laptop to bring to and from various Loop businesses.
The internship will be on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to noon beginning on May 22 through Aug. 14. Please note that this is an unpaid internship.
If interested in applying please submit both cover letter and resume to HSBTobacconist@gmail.com.