I greet you as an everyday soccer fan who loves the game. Do not mistake me for having “credentials”, but I do have “opinions”!
Hoping to share opinions through the Final match, July 1st.
“What is the Euro 2012?”
Every four years, Europe’s national soccer teams compete for the European championship. It is second, only to the World Cup, as the most prized soccer trophy. ESPN is providing excellent coverage.
My observations after 7 days of EURO:
- Spain: What a delight to watch. I think Spain will win..get ready to party in Madrid!!...again.
- Germany: Having a hot goal scorer, like Gomez, makes Germany the serious contender. I love underdogs, but I see this as Spain or Germany's tournament.
- Dutch Despair: The soccer gods (and I) are smiling. Sweet vindication to those fans who haven't forgiven the Dutch for choosing a brutal kung fu style of play that made the final of World Cup 2010 agonizing to watch.
- Favorite EURO moment: Shevchenko’s two 2nd half goals (55th minute, 62nd minute) and the eruption of the Ukrainian fans.
- Italy: given burial rites before tournament, Italia say's "not so soon!"
- Alexi Lalas as ESPN commentator. His NFL style of boisterous argument clashes with other panelists. Sorry Alexi...I vote you off the island.
What about YOU?
Very interested in other people's perspectives, opinions.
Look forward to watching/sharing the stories to unfold in EURO 2012!