University City Seeks City Management Intern
The City Management intern will take part in numerous administrative projects, including the review and updating of various administrative regulations and policies.
If you think city management is your calling. The City of University City may have just the opporunity for you.
The intern will take part in numerous administrative projects, including the review and updating of various administrative regulations and policies. The intern will also assist the City Manager and Administrative Analyst with routine tasks and assignments. The internship will last 24 weeks. And while a lot of internships are unpaid -- this one pays!
- $11.07 to $13.50 Per Hour 40 Hours Per Week
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Works with and under consultation of senior staff to develop a new project or to develop aspects of existing projects, as appropriate to the program.
- Assists in the planning of assigned project activities.
- Uses specialized knowledge and skill to carry out and complete project activities; works with staff to analyze results.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Provide administrative support to upper level administrative, support, and professional staff in the completion of their duties and responsibilities.
- Alerts supervisor and/or Director of discrepancies and problems with assignments.
Graduate student (or recent graduate) in Public Administration, Public Policy Analysis, Political Science or a related field of study. Classroom, volunteer or on-the-job experience in customer service.
Applicants should submit an application, résumé and a detailed cover letter containing career aspirations, previous work and school experience, and e-mail address by November 21, 2011 to: City of University City-Human Resources, 6801 Delmar Blvd., University City, MO 63130 or via email to: HR@ucitymo.org.
Click here to download the application or pick one up at the Human Resources Office at the address above.