Over the last few months, several University City High School students have courted recruitment offers from colleges and universities to play sports on the collegiate level. Some students have made verbal commitments.
Today, the students will sign letters of intent as part of National Signing Day and make a final decision about where they will spend the next four years.
A ceremony is slated for 6 p.m. in the auditorium of University City High School. A reception will follow in the lobby.
Below is a list of the seniors’ sports and the schools they are considering:
- Merinda Morley, Ball State University
- George Brown, University of Nebraska at Kearney
- Tristian Fields, Missouri Valley College
- Kobi Gilkey, Washburn University
- Antone Hayes, Missouri Valley College
- Troy Jones, Missouri Valley College
- Jamal Plair, Missouri Valley College
- Chauncey Smith, Missouri Valley College
- Jeffrey Standifer, Truman State University; and
- Orlando Woolens, Lindenwood University.
See more on Patch: