U City Police Blotter: Jan. 23-29
Calls to the University City Police Department.
Each week, University City Patch features a look at reports from the University City Police Department.
Here is a look at the blotter from Jan. 23-29.
The department arrested 67 adults. There was one assault, four burglaries and two attempted auto thefts.
- Report 12-2463 — At 3:44 a.m. Jan. 24, officers responded to an alarm sounding at 6951 Olive Blvd. They observed a blue/silver Dodge pickup with steering column damage in the middle of the parking lot, still running. The window of the store was damaged by the truck. The suspects had attempted to steal several large televisions; however they were unsuccessful and fled the scene. No arrests have been made.
- Report 12-2468 — Between 8 p.m. and 3:45 a.m Jan. 23-24, a 2003 Dodge Dakota pick-up truck was stolen by person(s) unknown. The victim was unaware of the theft until the vehicle was recovered at Rent-a-Center. No arrests have been made.
- Report 12-2895 — The reporting party told police her bicycle, a red Rhino mountain bike, was missing from her basement at 6769 Etzel Ave. The bike disappeared some time between 12 p.m. Jan. 23 and 2:56 a.m. Jan. 28. There were no signs of forced entry. No arrests have been made.
- Report 12-2346 — Some time between 10:45 p.m. and 2:10 a.m. Jan. 22-23 at 6330 Enright Ave, the reporting party told police she discovered her steering column had been damaged by person(s) unknown in an effort to steal her vehicle. There were several items found in the vehicle that did not belong to the reporting party. A witness told police that a white male with a mohawk had been arrested nearby for another theft and was seen near the vehicle. Nothing was stolen from the reporting party's vehicle. A 26-year-old white male was charged with tampering and vandalism.
- Report 12-2463 — At 3:55 a.m. Jan. 24, officers responded to an alarm at 6315 Delmar Blvd. Upon arrival, it was observed that the front door of the store had been broken out by person(s) unknown. Upon reviewing surveillance footage, three subjects were observed entering the store. The suspects are believed to be the same suspects who were involved in a burglary at Rent-a-Center minutes before. Suspects at were at both locations longer than 5 minutes each.
- Report 12-2902 — A tan 2000 Buick LaSabre was reported stolen from 1604 North and South Road at 5:20 a.m. Jan. 28. The reporting party left the vehicle warming up. It was taken while the owner was in his/her home.
- Report 12-2776 — At 11:21 p.m. on Jan. 26, a man reported being stabbed repeated in the hand by his brother. A witness to the incident at 1293 Hafner corroborated the reporting party's statement. The victim sustained defensive wounds and the brother was arrested at the scene. A black male, 48, was arrested and charged with assault offenses.
- Report 12-2543 — Some time between 2-7 p.m. Jan 24. persons unknown forced entry to a home at 1145 81st Street. The reporting party said the suspect came in through a rear, west-facing doro and had stolen her purse. A possible suspect was located and other items recovered.