Last Wednesday marked two months since the death of 17-year-old Destinee Clemons, who was shot while sitting on the front porch of her Plymouth Avenue home.
A drive-by shooter killed Clemons and injured Jerry′Ka McCauley, her 23-year-old sister, on June 22. McCauley was struck in the arm and her wound was not serious.
In the days following the shooting, police confirmed that a red 2012 Toyota Corolla recovered in the early morning hours of June 22 was the vehicle used in the commission of the homicide. No arrests have yet been made in the case.
University City Police Capt. Michael Ransom told Patch detectives continue their investigation into the shooting.
"The investigation in the Destinee Clemons case is still an active investigation, with very promising leads," he said. "We still welcome any information relative to the case that the public is willing to share."
Please call the University City Police Department at 314-725-2211 or Crime Stoppers at 866-371-TIPS, with any information.
Patch's previous coverage on the incident:
- Teenager Shot, Killed Thursday Night in U City
- Destinee Clemons Shooting Draws Comments on Twitter
- U City Police: Car Recovered from Shooting
- No Arrests, Investigation Into Fatal Shooting Continues
- Shooting Death: Graduate of Eureka-Based Individualized Learning Center is Victim of Drive-By
- U City Officials, Residents React to Death of Destinee Clemons
- Letter to the Editor: More Police Patrols