Republican Candidate Joins 1st District Ad War
Robyn Hamlin releases YouTube ad that points to Clay family dynasty.
Although she has to wait until the Aug. 7 primary to find out who she will face in November, Republican candidate Robyn Hamlin is taking aim at the man who currently holds Missouri's 1st District Congressional seat.
Hamlin released an ad on YouTube citing the decades-long history of Clays in the seat. Rep. William Lacy Clay succeeded his father to the seat in 2000. Rep. Bill Clay held the seat for 32 years.
Hamlin's ad comes one week after Clay and his Democratic challenger in the Aug. 7 primary, Rep. Russ Carnahan, released their first ads.
Clay and Carnahan, both incumbents, are facing off in the Aug. 7 Democratic primary. Carnahan's district was eliminated during redistricting after the 2010 census and he now resides in the 1st District.
For more on the 1st District primary, see our previous stories:
- Clay, Carnahan Pulling No Punches in Primary Fight
- Carnahan Nabs More Endorsements in Race with Clay
- Carnahan vs. Clay: Court Confirms Redistricting
- Gov. Nixon Endorses Clay in 1st District Race
- Carnahan Gets Firepower in Showdown with Clay
- Rep. Clay Continues to Gather Support, This Time from Labor
- Carnahan, Clay Both File in 1st District