Vincent Flewellen has joined University City Children’s Center (UCCC) as center director.
In this new position, Flewellen will head the faculty and administrative staff of UCCC. He will report to Stephen P. Zwolak, who has served as UCCC’s executive director since June 2000.
As a team, they will extend their commitment to providing innovative, quality care and education to a racially, culturally, developmentally and socio-economically diverse population of children.
Before joining UCCC, Flewellen served as director of development and director of community partners for Neighborhood Housing. Prior to that, he was managing director of program for Teach for America.
“We are delighted to have someone with Vincent’s educational experience and background join UCCC as director,” Steve Zwolak said. “I have every confidence in his leadership ability.”
Flewellen lives in the Skinker-DeBalivere neighborhood, where he was born and raised.
A United Way agency, University City Children’s Center was founded in 1970. UCCC serves children from six weeks to 6 years of age and their families in a nurturing community.
See our previous UCCC coverage:
- Getting Kids to Sleep: Tips from U City Children's Center
- Business Beat: U City Children's Center
- U City Children's Center Featured on St. Louis on the Air
- Cute Kid Alert! University City Children's Center Holds Halloween Parade
- Playdough Party at University City Children's Center
- New Beginnings at University City Children's Center