Missouri National Guard Inauguration Open to Public
The Missouri National Guard Inauguration will be hosted in Jefferson City on Jan. 14. It includes the first-ever Missouri Barbecue Showcase and Reception at the Capitol Plaza Hotel. Are you planning to attend?
Missouri National Guard officers released the following, preliminary schedule for the 2013 Inauguration, which will take place in Jefferson City on Monday, Jan. 14.
All events are open to the public.
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon and First Lady Georganne Nixon begin the day's activities with a worship service at 8:30 a.m. at First Baptist Church. Seating at the service is limited.
After the prayer service, Gov. and Mrs. Nixon will participate in the traditional inaugural parade, which will begin at 10 a.m. near the Missouri River Regional Library and proceed to the State Capitol. The official swearing-in ceremony will begin at 11:15 a.m. on the south lawn of the Capitol.
In the afternoon, the Nixons will welcome Missourians on the first floor of the Governor's Mansion, before taking part in the first-ever Missouri Barbecue Showcase and Reception at the Capitol Plaza Hotel.
The festivities conclude with the Grand March and Inaugural Ball, which begin at 7 p.m. in the Capitol rotunda.
Summary and Locations of 2013 Missouri National Guard Inauguration Activities on Jan. 14:
- 8:30 a.m. — Worship Service, First Baptist Church, 301 E. Capitol Ave.
- 10 a.m. — Inaugural Parade. Parade will begin in front of the Missouri River Regional Library (214 Adams St.) and proceed on High Street to the State Capitol
- 11:15 a.m. — Swearing-In Ceremony, State Capitol, South Lawn
- 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. — Public Greeting, Governor's Mansion, 100 Madison Ave.
- 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. — Missouri Barbecue Showcase and Reception Capitol Plaza Hotel, 415 West McCarty St.
- 7 p.m. — Grand March, State Capitol Rotunda
- 8 p.m. — Inaugural Ball, State Capitol Rotunda