Looped In: Feb. 1 Edition
All the news you need for Wednesday, Feb. 1.
Good morning University City!
Welcome to the column that will help you get through the day. Every Monday through Friday, we'll tell you what's going on around town, what you need to know and where the traffic snags might be.
Have a suggestion to make University City Patch more helpful? Leave a comment or drop me an email at email@example.com.
- Weather: Mostly sunny, with a high near 59. North wind between 5 and 8 mph, according to the National Weather Service.
- Today's Freebie: Don't forget that Saint Louis Bread Co. is giving away free coffee today.
In case you missed it
- Our Whiz Kid column featured Grace Deitzler, a junior at U City High School who is being honored at UMSL later this month.
- The University City Symphony has scheduled a performance for later this month at All Saints Catholic Church.
- U City has some of the lowest commuting times in the area, according to a report by Business Journals.
Coming up today
- Today is National Signing Day for high school atheletes. Patch will be at University City High School this afternoon as our local athletes announce their college or university choice. Look for the story later this afternoon.
- It's Wednesday, which means it's time to vote in our Food Fight poll. Vote for the best wings around starting at 10 a.m. today.
Around the web
- The University City girls basketball team fell Monday to Ritenour, according to stlhighschoolsports.net.