Groundbreaking Today for New U City Firehouse
The ceremony will be held at 10 a.m. at 863 Westgate Ave.
The estimated cost for the project is $3.3 million. The University City Fire Department firehouse is being built in part by a grant awarded through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, Assistance to Firefighters Station Construction Grants with rest of the funds allocated by the University City City Council and the lot leased from Washington University.
The building construction is scheduled to start within the next couple of weeks.
See our previous coverage of the U City Fire Department:
- Council Approves Updating Fire, EMS System
- Public Hearing Tonight on Proposed New Fire Station in U City
- City Schedules Study Session to Discuss Additional Funding for New Firehouse
- Council Again Postpones Vote on Money for New U City Firehouse
- Council Holds Study Session on Firehouse Funds
- Firehouse Funding Facts From City of University City