Get Out: Snapshots With Santa, Free Hot Cocoa
Things to do this weekend in and around University City.
Looking for something to do this weekend? Look no further — Patch has you covered.
Friday, Nov. 30
- Edna Patterson-Petty Reception at COCA — COCA presents an exhibition of contemporary art quilts by multi-media artist Edna Patterson- Petty in the Millstone Gallery Nov. 30 through Jan. 13. Based in East St. Louis, IL, Patterson-Petty fuses traditions of American, European and African-American quilting and extends them to produce visual narratives that reject rigid geometric structure and employ a distinctive and improvisational “jazzy” aesthetic. The exhibition features old work and new, none of which has been shown in the St. Louis area before. An opening reception begins at 6 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 1
- Make-a-Gift Workshops at Craft Alliance — Want to make your holiday gift? There are several workshops today, including Needle Felted Animals, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Holiday Stained Glass, 1-5 p.m.; and Holiday Clay Mugs, 1-4 p.m.
- Free Hot Chocolate — From noon to 2 p.m. every Saturday in December Loop patrons can receive free chocolate at The Melting Pot.
- The West End Arts Council (WEAC) and Skinker DeBaliviere Community Council (SDCC) present a local re-imagination of a traditional German Festival. Wintermarkt is an outdoor arts and crafts sale in the spirit of the holiday season. There will be handmade gifts, art, toys, decorations, baked goods, German food, hot cider, and roasted chestnuts for sale. Wintermarkt also features live music, gluhwein, carriage rides, and a blacksmith demonstration. The event runs from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 6008 Kingsbury Ave.
Sunday, Dec. 2
- Snapshots with Santa — 11 a.m. at the Boathouse in Forest Park.
- The Last Minute Silk Scarf with Cathy McBride — 1-4 p.m. at Craft Alliance.
- Ziezo's 30th Anniversary party — Music, cocktails, hor d'eourves and 25 percent off everything in the store from 5-8 p.m. Sunday.
- Winter Wonderland Holiday Lights — Tilles Park in Ladue.