Get Out: Loop de Loop, Dart Tourney
It's a big weekend for University City and the Delmar Loop in particular.
Each week University City Patch brings you a roundup of things to do in and around U City.
Here are some ideas for the week of May 11-16.
- Hunter Hayes at The Pageant — Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show begins at 8 p.m. Tickets are $17.50 in advance and $20 at the door.
- Red Morning Voyage with Truly, Defender and Beholder — 6:30 p.m. at Cicero's. The event all ages with a $7 cover charge.
- Loop de Loop Bicycle Race — We start off a spectacular weekend of racing for men, women, and children beginning at 3:30 p.m. Come spend the evening watching America’s fastest athletes in a neighborhood with some serious momentum. Traffic diversion begins at 2 p.m. on the streets around the Loop.
- Blueberry Hill Dart Tournament — Come out for the 40th annual dart tourney at Blueberry Hill. There will be 7 women's and men's events for over $10,000 in prizes.
- To Speak of Wolves, Harp and Lyre and Wolves at the Gate with Danger Lowe and Alice Alive — 5 p.m. show at Cicero's. $12 cover charge for an all ages show.
- For the Colony — An in-store performance at Vintage Vinyl begins at 8 p.m.
- Girls on the Run 5K — Be your own superhero and join Girls on the Run St. Louis at its community 5k to be held on Saturday, May 12 at 8:30 a.m. in downtown St. Louis.
- An Afternoon with Rachel Akin — Find the perfect Mother’s Day present at the Craft Alliance Delmar Gallery Shop, showcasing feminine ceramic vessels by local artist Rachel Akin. Meet and talk with Akin as she discusses her work and process.
- Sutter-Meyer Farmhouse — Open for public viewing at 2 p.m.
- Friends of the University City Library Trivia Night — Support U City's library with a night of trivia and fun.
- Billy Currington at The Pageant — Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show begins at 8 p.m. David Nail and Kip Moore will open the show. Tickets are $35 in advance and $37.50 at the door.
- The Leopard CD Release Party with Via Sleep, Carthage and The Die Nasties — An 8 p.m. show at Ciceros. $10 cover for a 17 and older show.
Sunday, May 13 - Happy Mother's Day!
- Brunch at Market Pub House — Reserve a table for Mother's Day brunch by calling 314-727-8880. Free flowers for mom and a free mimosa with every adult entree (while supplies last).
- Brunch at Eclipse Restaurant — From 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Meals are $45. Children 12 and under are half-off and moms get a free mimosa.
Tuesday, May 15
- #TweetTheMostGood — Tweet Up in support of @SalArmySTL will be held at 5:30 p.m. at The Moonrise Hotel.
Wednesday, May 16