Phillip Royal, 21, has been using the internet to search for jobs. Suddenly, thousands of dollars worth of bogus checks start to arrive at his house.
Express Mail and Federal Express mailers were sent to Royal, including checks made out to him.
Gina Roriex and her son decided someone got his name and address through Craigslist. The bogus checks appear to be drawn on accounts from well known financial institutions like Bank of America and Wells Fargo, according to the story.
Royal was never asked to wire any money to the sender.
See More on Patch
- Man Sentenced to Life for Killing U City Man
- Showtimes and Movie Reviews for Star Trek: Into Darkness, At Any Price, In The House, The Iceman, Kon-Tiki
- Movie Reviews: Oblivion, Home Run, Lords of Salem, To The Wonder
- Wash U Terrorism Students Discuss Monday's Events
- FOX2 Video: School District Spent $2,000 on Prop U Mailers