City to Discuss Police Safety, Gun Control Proposition
The University CIty City Council meets tonight.
The University City City Council is slated to meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 28, at University City City Hall.
Items on the agenda include:
- Proclamation for Arts & Letters Commission for their Returning Artist series awarded to Ms. Saaba Lutzeler.
- Scott Eidson is nominated to the Green Practices Commission by Mr. Glickert, replacing Neville Rapp.
- Linda Locke is nominated for re-appointment to the Plan Commission by Mr. Sharpe
- Winifred Sullivan’s swearing in to the Arts and Letters Commission
- Mark Winer’s swearing in to the Economic Retail Sales Tax Board
- Steve Goldstein was sworn in to the Park Commission in the City Clerk’s office
City Manager's Report
- Site Plan review application for 7843 Olive Boulevard for an addition to an existing commercial building (dental office)
- Boards and Commission appointments needed
- Council liaison reports on Boards and Commissions
- Boards, Commissions and Task Force minutes
- Resolution requested by Mr. Price and Mr. Sharpe for support of Proposition U2 for the University City School District for discussion and vote.
- Support of a proposition for gun control to be sent to county, state and federal delegation – requested by Mr. Price and Mr. Sharpe for discussion
- Army Corp of Engineers: floodplain findings, letter – requested by Mr. Price and Mr. Sharpe for discussion
- Development Status: vacant property purchases from St. Louis, Walgreen, Olive and North & South – requested by Mr. Price and Mr. Sharpe.
- ROARS, University City’s Newsletter, “Council Corner” column and “From the Mayor’s Desk” column requested by Ms. Carr and Mr. Crow for discussion and vote
The council will also discuus Police Safety Seminars. The seminars are slated for:
- Feb. 12 – Barbara Jordan School, 1500 N. 82nd, 6–7:30 p.m.
- Feb. 26 – Pershing School, 6761 Bartmer, 6-7:30 p.m.
- March 5 – Flynn Park School, 7220 Waterman, 6-7:30 p.m.
- March 12 – Community Center, 975 Pennsylvania, 6-7:30 p.m.
- March 19 – McNair Administration, 8136 Groby, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Bill 9172 – An ordinance accepting the transfer of certain real estate located at 6515 Corbitt in the City of University City, Missouri.
- Bill 9173 – An ordinance authorizing and accepting the transfer of certain properties located in University City, Missouri, from the St. Louis County Trustee’s office.
- Bill 9174 – An ordinance vacating a portion of a 15’ wide public alley located between Limit Avenue and Eastgate south of Lot 12 of block 6 of North Parkview, a subdivision recorded in Plat Book 11, page 4 of the St. Louis County Records.
- Bill 9175–An ordinance vacating a tract of land being all of a walk way of block 1 of North Parkview, per plat recorded in Plat Book 11 Page 4 of St. Louis County Recorder’s office.
- Bill 9176 – An ordinance approving a final development plan for a mixed-use development known as the “Washington University in St. Louis Loop Student Living Initiative” located in the PD-M, Planned Development Mixed-Use zoning district which includes a resubdivision of a tract of land to be known as North Parkview resubdivision of Lots 1 thru 9 and Lots 25 thru 45 of Block 1 and Lots 1, 2, 3, 13 and 14 of Block 6 of North Parkview Subdivision (City of University City portion only).
- Resolution 2013 – 1 Approval of submission of a St. Louis County Municipal Park Planning Grant application for Lewis Park inventory and evaluation.
The meeting is open to the public.