Public Hearing for U City Property Tax Rates Tonight
The council meets at 6:30 p.m. tonight at University City City Hall.
The University City City Council is slated to meet tonight at 6:30 p.m. at University City City Hall. A public hearing will be held to set the property tax rate for the upcoming year.
The tax rates shall be set to produce substantially the revenue required to be provided from property tax as set forth in the annual adopted budget. This levy is subject to change pending action of the City Council.
|Assessed Valuation||Current Tax Year||Prior Tax Year|
|City of University City|
|Loop Special Business District|
|Parkview Gardens Special Business District|
Proposed Tax Rates
Proposed Revenue 2012-2013
|University City Loop District||$0.590||$0.536||$0.000||$42,000|
|Parkview Gardens District||$0.627||$0.722||$0.000||$93,000|
Other items on the agenda include:
- Bobette Patton is nominated for the Arts & Letters Commission.
- Frederick Fehr III is nominated to the Arts and Letters Commission.
- Bernetta Smith-Campbell is nominated for the CALOP Commission.
- Charmaine Glenn is nominated to the Human Relations Commission.
- Robert Kuhlman to be sworn in to the Economic Development Retail Sales Tax Board
- Meg McClelland was sworn in to the Human Relations Commission in the City Clerk’s office
- Kevin Good was sworn in to the Uniform Pension Board in the City Clerk’s office
- Keith Cole was sworn in to the Non-uniform Pension Board in the City Clerk’s office
City Manager's Report
- Crime prevention update
- Recommendation to approve Complete Curbside Leaf Removal Service at $150 per hour to supplement the City’s in-house leaf collection workforce.
- Recommendation to approve Pace Construction Company in the amount of $165,071 for Ultrathin Bonded Asphalt Wearing Surface Project.
- Phone, voicemail and fax upgrade – staff recommended approval of a contract with Tech Electronics for $39,882.
- Request for additional funds for Professional Services for a consultant for the Parkview Gardens Neighborhood sustainable development plan at a cost not to exceed $40,460.
- Boards and Commission appointments needed
- Council liaison reports on Boards and Commissions
- Boards, Commissions and Task Force minutes
- Council Rules and Regulations
- Bill 9162 — An ordinance to extend the temporary overlay zoning district titled as Division 34-41 “JDO” Joint Development Zoning Overlay of Chapter 34 of the Municipal Code of the City of University City, relating to zoning, containing a savings clause and providing a penalty
- Bill 9163 — An ordinance amending Chapter 34 of the Municipal Code of the City of University City, Missouri, relating to zoning districts thereof a new official zoning map, thereby amending said map so as to change the classification of property at 6255 and 6263 Delmar Boulevard from “CC”-Core Commercial District to “PD-M” Planned Development-Mixed Use District; and 6322 Enright Avenue, 701 and 707 Eastgate Avenue, and 700 Limit Avenue from “HR”-High Density Residential District to “PD-M” Planned Development-Mixed Use District; and establishing permitted land uses and developments therein; containing a savings clause and providing a penalty
- Resolution 2012-10 — A resolution of the City Council of the City of University City, Missouri, declaring 8390 Delmar Blvd. a blighted area, approving a redevelopment plan for the area and authorizing the use of eminent domain for the acquisition of property.
- Bill 9164 — An ordinance amending Sections 2.48.010 and 2.50.010 of the Municipal Code of the City of University City, Missouri to increase the number of citizen members serving on the Boards of Trustees of the non-uniformed employees and police and firemen’s retirement funds and to revise the regulations pertaining to each board and provide for the appointment of two new citizen members to each board
A closed session, requested by Ms. Carr and Mr. Crow, according to and RSMO 610.021 (3)(13) Personnel “Hiring firing, disciplining or promoting of particular employees by a public governmental body when personal information about the employee is discussed or recorded” “Individually identifiable personnel records, performance ratings or records pertaining to employees."
The meeting is open to the public.