City Council to Talk Crime Prevention Tonight
The council meets at 6:30 p.m. tonight.
The University City City Council is slated to meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 13, at University City City Hall.
Items on the agenda include:
- Cindy Thierry to the CALOP Commission
- Laura Hamlett to the CALOP Commission
City Manager's Report
- Administrative Annual Report
- Emergency Operations Plan
- Annual order of side load trash containers – staff recommends award to lowest bidder, Downing Sales & Service, Inc. for total amount of $42,864
- Roof replacement – Park Maintenance Garage to low bidder, Geissler Roofing Co for $73,421
- Annual Tree Pruning Contract. Staff recommends award to lowest bidder, Gamma Tree Experts for $68 per tree.
- Liquor License for Dao Tien for beer and wine with no Sunday sales.
- Parking Lot #1 – Permeable pavement system recommended to be awarded to Concrete Design for $203,853.59
- Boards and Commission appointments needed
- Council liaison reports on Boards and Commissions
- Boards, Commissions and Task Force minutes
- Citizen Task Force on Crime Prevention and Awareness, requested by Mayor Welsch and Mr. Glickert.
- Goal Setting - Council’s retreat, Nov. 3, 2012, summary report – Mayor Welsch and Mr. Glickert
- Chronic absenteeism on Boards and Commissions, requested by Ms. Carr and Mr. Crow.
- Bill 9165 – An ordinance accepting the dedication of certain permanent Right-of- Way easements from the School District of University City regarding property located at 7358 Balson Avenue, 7400 Balson Avenue and Lot 24 of Central Suburbs, located in the City of University City.
- Resolution 2012-14 — Support of goals of the Deer Creek Watershed Management Plan and implementation of a RainScape Rewards Rebate Program.
- Bill 9166 — An ordinance amending Chapter 8.24, nuisances, of the Municipal Code of University City by enacting new definitions, by repealing Sections 8.24.270, and by enacting in lieu thereof a new Section 8.24.260, providing for the declaration prosecution, and abatement of criminal nuisances.
- Bill 9167 — An ordinance to authorize the City Manager to execute a contact between the City of University City and the Missouri Highway and Transportation Commission providing for the installation of bike land striping and signage on Canton Avenue, Old Bonhomme Road and Jackson Avenue.
- Bill 9168 — An ordinance to authorize the City Manager to execute a contract between the City of University City and the Missouri Highway and Transportation Commission providing for the replacement of the street bridge on Chamberlain Avenue over branch of River des Peres.
- Bill 9169 – An ordinance to authorize the City Manager to execute a contract between the City of University City and the Missouri Highway and Transportation Commission providing for the improvements and installation of a traffic signal at the intersection of Westgate Avenue and Olive Boulevard.
The meeting is open to the public.