City Council to Discuss Loop Trolley, Development with Olivette
The University City city council will look at extending a joint redevelopment plan with the City of Olivette for eight months.
The University City City Council is slated to meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 10, in the fifth floor chamber of University City City Hall.
Items on the agenda include:
- Robert Kuhlman, Jr. is nominated to be appointed to the Economic
- Redevelopment Retail Sales Tax Board by Mayor Welsch.
- Margaret McClelland nominated for appointment to the Human Relations
- Commission by Ms. Carr.
- Kathy McGinnis, Matthew Nosko and Jackie Womack nominated for
- reappointment to the Commission on Human Relations by Ms. Carr.
- Jack Breier is nominated for reappointment to the Urban Forestry Commission by Mr. Kraft.
- Charles Marentette to the Board of Adjustment
- Ordinance to extend Division 34-41 “JDO” Joint Development Zoning Overlay for a period of 8 months.
City Manager's Report
- Introduction of Sonja Vauters who will assist the City Clerk
- Superintendent of University City Schools Joylynn Pruitt will provide an update on the schools.
- Youth Employment Program (YEP) update
- Asphalt rejuvenation and restorative seal project recommended to be awarded to Corrective Asphalt Materials for $56,740
- Sidewalk and Curb Ramp design recommended giving City Manager authority to sign contract with the consultant, Engineering Design Source, Inc.
- Annual tire bid be split between MFR Tire and Firestone in the amounts of $18,681 and $13,320.
- Picnic: Liquor License for Edg-Clif Winery
- Liquor License for Tokyo Seafood Buffett
- Loop Trolley
- New Firehouse General Contractor
- Marketing and Public Communication Services
- Council Rules and Regulations #38 requested by Ms. Carr and Mr. Kraft
- Fiscal Year 2012 preliminary year end numbers, surplus of $2 million
- Bill 9161 — An ordinance amending various sections of Chapter 10, Vehicles and Traffic, to revise various traffic regulations as provided herein
- Resolution 2012-9 — A resolution for the authorization of the preparation of the Final Development Plan known as “Washington University – Loop Retail and Student Apartment Development.” for the proposal for a map amendment
- Resolution 2012–10 — A resolution of the City Council of the City of University City, Missouri, declaring 8390 Delmar Blvd. a blighted area, approving a redevelopment plan for the area and authorizing the use of eminent domain for the acquisition of property.
- Bill 9162 — An ordinance to extend the temporary overlay zoning district titled as Division 34-41 “JDO” Joint Development Zoning Overlay of Chapter 34 of the Municipal Code of the City of University City, relating to zoning, containing a savings clause and providing a penalty
- Bill 9163 — An ordinance amending Chapter 34 of the Municipal Code of the City of University City, Missouri, relating to zoning districts thereof a new official zoning map, thereby amending said map so as to change the classification of property at 6255 and 6263 Delmar Boulevard from “CC”-Core Commercial District to “PD-M” Planned Development-Mixed Use District; and 6322 Enright Avenue, 701 and 707 Eastgate Avenue, and 700 Limit Avenue from “HR”-High Density Residential District to “PD-M” Planned Development-Mixed Use District; and establishing permitted land uses and developments therein; containing a savings clause and providing a penalty.
The meeting is open to the public.