City Council Agenda for October 24, 2011
This is the agenda for Monday's City Council meeting, courtesy of the City of University City.
MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL
6801 Delmar Blvd.
City of University City, Missouri 63130
October 24, 2011
A. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
B. ROLL CALL
C. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
E. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. October 10, 2011, City Council Study Session
2. October 10, 2011, City Council Regular Session
1. Christine Albinson is nominated to the Board of Adjustment by Mayor Welsch.
2. Gary Aronberg is nominated to the Board of Appeals by Mayor Welsch.
3. Garrie Burr is nominated to the Arts and Letters Commission by Mr. Glickert.
4. Roger McFarland is nominated to the Board of Adjustment by Mayor Welsch.
5. Steve Myers is reappointed to the Historic Preservation Commission by Mr. Crow
G. SWEARING IN
1. Phyllis Blalock was sworn in to the Traffic Commission in the City Clerk’s office.
H. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION (Total of 15 minutes allowed)
I. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Proposed new fire station at 6601 Vernon
J. CONSENT AGENDA
K. CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
1. Purchase of side loading alley dumpsters
2. Olive Blvd. Streetscape improvements (Phase III) – construction of additional ADA improvements and supplemental construction engineering services agreement
3. Refinancing of bonds
L. COUNCIL REPORTS/DISCUSSION
1. Boards and Commission appointments needed
2. Council liaison reports on Boards and Commissions
3. Boards, Commissions and Task Force minutes
4. Attorney General’s
M. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
N. NEW BUSINESS
1. Resolution for Fiscal Year 2011-2012 Budget Amendment #1
BILLS TO BE INTRODUCED
2. An ordinance amending Chapter 34 of the Municipal Code of the City of University City, relating to zoning, by amending Section 34-36.4 thereof, relating to conditional uses in the “GC” district by removing pawn shops; by amending Section 34-38.4 thereof, relating to conditional uses in the “IC” district by adding check-cashing establishments as conditional uses in said district; and by enacting a new section to be known as “34-132.4 standards for short-term loan establishments, title lenders, and pawn shops; containing a savings clause and providing a penalty.
O. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION (continued if needed)
P. COUNCIL COMMENTS