City Council Agenda for May 9, 2011
This is the agenda for tonight's City Council meeting, courtesy of the City of University City.
MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL
6801 Delmar Blvd.
City of University City, Missouri 63130
May 9, 2011 6:30 p.m.
A. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
B. ROLL CALL
C. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
National Kids to Parks Day
E. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. April 11, 2011, City Council Study Session
2. April 11, 2011, City Council Regular Session
1. Robert Preston to the I.D.A. by Mayor Welsch
2. Robert Gadd to the I.D.A. by Mayor Welsch
G. SWEARING IN
H. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION (Total of 15 minutes allowed)
I. PUBLIC HEARINGS
J. CONSENT AGENDA
K. CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
1. Missouri Department of Transportation Grant for hazardous moving violations
2. Missouri Department of Transportation Grant for DWI Enforcement VOTE REQUIRED
3. Purchase of a Fire Truck Pumper for 535,338 with a trade-in value for $18,000 from Pierce Fire Pumper VOTE REQUIRED
4. Parks and Recreation fees and charges VOTE REQUIRED
5. Youth Employment Program(YEP)
L. COUNCIL REPORTS
1. Council liaison reports on Boards and Commissions.
M. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1. BILL 9112 - An ordinance amending Chapter 9.08 of the University City Municipal Code, relating to offenses against public peace and decency, by enacting therein a new section to be known as “Section 9.08.042 obstructing or interfering with use of sidewalks and streets”, and providing a penalty.
2. BILL 9113 - An ordinance amending Tile 2 of the University City Municipal Code, relating to administration and personnel, by enacting therein a new chapter to be known as “Chapter 2.09 Department of Administrative Services”, and by amending Section 2.08.010, relating to departments enumerated-heads of departments designated, to reflect such addition.
3. BILL 9114 - An ordinance amending Title 9 of the University City Municipal Code, relating to public peace, morals and welfare, by enacting therein a new section to be known as “Section 9.08.290 Domestic Partnerships”, and providing a penalty
4. BILL 9116 – An ordinance authorizing the City Manager to execute an emergency communications system cooperation agreement with St. Louis County, Missouri; containing an EMERGENCY CLAUSE
N. NEW BUSINESS to be introduced
1. Resolution 2011 – 8 A resolution approving amendments to the Civil Service Rules
BILLS TO BE INTRODUCED
2. BILL 9115 - An ordinance an fixing the compensation to be paid to City Officials and employees as enumerated herein from and after its passage, and repealing Ordinance No 6845.
O. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION (continued if needed)
P. COUNCIL COMMENTS