A four-year-old child is in critical condition after a car accident Tuesday night in Forest Park.
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the accident occurred around 7 p.m. near Kingshighway and Laclede.
Quoting the Post-Dispatch:
His father, 23, was speeding south on Kingshighway when he struck a vehicle in front of him, south of West Pine Avenue, police say. Both cars hit several parking meters along Kingshighway.
The father's car veered off Kingshighway and went into Forest Park, where it hit a fire hydrant and flipped over. The car landed upside down, police say.
The boy was thrown from the car and taken to a local hospital, where police say he was in critical but stable condition.
The child was not in a safety seat. His father has been arrested on suspicion of first-degree endangering the welfare of a child.
St. Louis Police have not released the name of the child or his father.
See More on Patch
- Update: Dropped Child Had Skull Fractures, Brain Swelling
- U City Man Accused of Dropping, Injuring Infant Son
- Pot Seized During Traffic Stop Leads to Investigation of St. Louis Police Officers
- Driver in Crash That Killed Wash U Professor Was Drunk, High
- Knifepoint Robbery, Child Molestation Are Among Top Police Stories in U City